Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Author profiles and POTUS' birthday

I'm getting ready to begin a new series here called "White Readers Meet...." in which I'll profile different writers.

In the meantime, here are some links to interviews I ran on my other blog with authors Pearl Cleage, Elyse Singleton, Stephanie Rose Bird, and Kim Reid.

In other news, today is President Obama's birthday. Happy Birthday Mr. President! We know he likes to read. What book would you give him for his birthday, and why?

2 comments:

rchaswms said...

I would give him Ceremony by Silko. This gift would be to remind him of the plight of American Indians. To remind him what colonialism and cultural disruption have caused. How support might be offered to rebuild and recreate their culture, their sovereignty and their dignity as a contributing people in our shared land (I am being generous).
(http://www.amazon.com/Ceremony-L eslie-Marmon-Silko/dp/B000J4L858/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249406262&sr=1-2)

Doret said...

Books President Obama can share with his daughters. Since the President probably won't see this so I saw no reason to limit myself to one.

Harlem Stomp (Harlem Renaissance) by Carrick Hill

The Dream Keeper and other poems by Langston Hughes

Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon. A middle grade that deals with Black Panthers.

Dog Whisperer by Nicholas Edwards. because the daugthers love dogs

Shooting the Moon by Frances O'roark Dowell

Tales From Outer Suburbia
by Shaun Tan -

Happy Birthday, President Obama